Pages

February 13, 2006

More Adventures with the Crazed Quilter

I am putting up a photo of a queen size quilt top I did for my mom. It is her colors...I'm not a pastel/pale blue kinda girl...I did do all the scrappy blue hearts from stash in all shades from the palest to the darkest blues...nice but kind of sedate. I made it for her 60th birthday a few years ago it is finished and given away, but I never took a photo of the finished quilt for some reason...

Now for my new adventures today. Picture this, an incessant soft rain... My replacement license arrived finally today, good thing, as I would have had to pay a larger fine and go to court for my huge speeding ticket, going 70kph in a 50kph zone (or as I can understand it, being the Yank that I am...45 mph in a 30 mph zone) (going down a hill on the outskirts of our village, can we say SPEED TRAP, LOL!) . Anyway...I needed the license to show while paying the ticket, and today was the last day of my 28 day period to get it done...nothing like cutting it close...but had 2 weeks of hoops to jump through (driving tests to arrange, etc, forms to be signed by policemen for the loss of the original license...). Did I mention I still have my US license with a clean record, but it isn't accepted here, have to take more tests and get Irish version...

Anyway, I pick up Aine from school and go straight into town...dumb move...everything practical closes during lunch hour in Ireland, so forget about paying bills, PAYING FINES, doing anything but eating and shopping...I had the girls in this lovely Irish misty rain...got there, found it closed for the next hour and quarter, had to put new parking discs on my car, as I'd scratched off the wrong time and would risk a parking ticket on top of the speeding ticket. Did that, then took my two damp kids down to their favorite eating establishment, known the world over: "Donalds"...that passed the time for us pretty well, so we trekked up the mountain back to the police station, payed the fine, got the necessary 2 points on my license for my excessive speed of 45 mph and came home... I will blame myself if my little damp kiddies get colds...what a day...

But I haven't finished yet...one of my cats was trapped in my office while I was gone, I hadn't even seen her come in. I let her out and was hit by a smell...yes it was...my cat had soiled my next quilt all pin basted and ready to go...it was on my chair in the sewing room... I will have to cut out some of it, which was luckily on the edge, but will have to unpin the quilt and put it through the wash.

It is never boring Chez Crazy Quilter! Need some more textile therapy tonight but have several hours of work to do then too...hope those stains come out, YUCK!! Posted by Picasa

No comments: