Pages

December 31, 2007

Start As You Mean To Continue

Surfing around blogs today I saw that Pam made a list of things that she planned to be doing tomorrow, to keep with the tradition that what you do on New Years Day, you will do for the rest of the year! So.... I thought I might do something similar to start off all those resolutions I am making.


  1. Eat healthy throughout the day, and drink 1 1/2-2 liters of water!! I will be starting Weight Watchers again to get my weight under control again. I was down to 120 after DD2 Aisling was born, but have just gained and maintained at about 175 for the last 2 years...not good enough anymore, I want to get healthy, and anyone that wants to join in with me, come along!! I think I will start a new page here for Weight Watchers stats etc...



  2. Quilt a Dear Jane Triangle. I hope to get this quilt done in time for the August Festival of Quilts in Birmingham.



  3. Sew a gift for a friend. I hope to sew or quilt a little each day that I can, nothing new about this though, lol, it is in the blood. I will be working on a few gifts (head cold permitting, I am the queen of laziness right now!) for friends babies, and a very special bear using the chenille robe of a dear friend's mom who passed away, kind of a memory gift for her, she didn't have too much cotton for a memory quilt.



  4. Knit Dave's felted slippers. I hope to knit a bit each evening as well! I find it so relaxing!!



  5. Going to pull out the rag rug that I bought 10 or more years ago!! Would love to get back into this again!!



  6. Go for a walk. Even if it is just a small one with the girls and Dave to get started! Hope to get the energy to walk as often as possible to get girls to school, etc!



  7. Use my dishcloths and scrubbies instead of sponges and paper towels. I hope to get more "green" and environmentally conscious this year, using less paper, less water, less electricity, less petrol... I hope to make these part of the daily routine, like recycling has become.



  8. Read a book in bed by 11pm. No more staying up late...will read in bed at a reasonable time!!



DSCF2512Have been working on some felted slippers for Dave since last night...they are so huge before felting it is funny! Have a peek... This went pretty fast, but have lost concentration this afternoon! Trying to get my head around the goals I have for the New Year. I really want this to be a year for positive changes.

11 comments:

Beth said...

I started following Weight Watchers today myself! I really need to lose some weight, I can't stand it any longer! I won't say how much I weigh though, you're braver than me in that regard! Maybe we can monitor each other's progress!

I still have to mail you that yarn I promised you, I have been so busy I haven't gotten around to it, there's a good thing for me to promise for the new year!

Lynda said...

What a great idea! I'm a big believer in New Year's resolutions (what's life without plans and ambitions?) but to actually get them off to a good start on January 1st is a fantastic idea.
Good Luck!

Lucy Locket said...

Good luck with the resolutions! It's always fun making them but I'm not very confident about how well I will succeed with mine!!

Happy New Year!

Lucy x

Helen said...

I'll join you in the challenge of eating and drinking more healthier in 2008. I'm back on WW as well :)
When is the Festival of Quilts in Birmingham this year? I might just pop offer and meet you guys and experience this festival myself.

Vero said...

I'm back to WW too. Does not sound very original... but I really need to lose weight, my joins are aching and I don't like what I see in the mirror. I've suscribed to the UK magazine. It has been a great help in the past, and we don't have it in France. Any support/motivation will be most welcome though.
I hope you will do it for the Festival of Quilts. In fact, I'm sure you will.
In the meantime, Happy New year to you and your family.

Pam said...

With a fresh new year, 365 days, ahead of me I usually think I can accomplish amazing things LOL...but reality brings me back to down earth and I know that many things HAVE to be done, other things I will be accomplished only if I keep on task. I have so many things that I enjoy doing so there is no way I can do tons and tons of just one thing if I actually want to do a variety. I'll spend a few minutes here and there throughout the day doing this and that. First up is reading blogs, next is organizing my purse...here I go into 2008! Happy New Year to you Cathi...

VerrySherry said...

hey there-- count me in on the WW challenge, I found my goal weight, but it is all about maintaining...
Think I will too do my 2008 list. thanks for inspiration!

Anne Marie said...

Hiya Cathi, I too have been considering how I can make healthy changes for both myself and my family and your list was full of wonderful ideas!!! Happy New Year to you and yours!

Kate said...

OK, I believe you can accomplish every one of them except number 8 - I've known you for too long! xxx

Kate said...

Oh and, yes, I'm back on WW too. I only (luckily) need to lose about a stone, but no WAY am I buying a new wardrobe in a bigger size.

sunflwgal said...

Let me repeat what everyone else has stated, great idea!

I haven't read Pam's yet, but I think I'm going to follow suit from both of your posts!

Happy New Year and Good Luck!