Pages

February 20, 2009

First February Finishes

Say  that 5 times fast!!

I have been so busy lately, I barely know how to start... I have managed to do a few quick quilts since my last crafty update. Here is little quilt I did for Katy's birthday boy, I hear it came in a distant second to Karol Ann's  totally cool dinosaur tshirt he got, but hey, who could compete with such cool shirts!  I have been trying to improve my freemotion quilting with my small wallhangings and so I have done small stippling on this and quilted some bamboo in the pandas hand :) and Alex's name...
February 2009

I also decided to whip up a quick strippy scrappy valentines day quiltlet for my little quilt shelf...I am working on making my meandering much smaller when I do free motion, and I just love to quilt wavy lines, love the texture they give.
Heart Quilt
Heart Quilt

I also finished the quilt top for my cousin in St. Louis Missouri. The center block is a Missouri Puzzle chose for obvious reasons!! I used a photo she sent of the room she wants a quilt for and hope she likes it. Next time we get together I need to get her started quilting. She is a doctor and it might be a relaxing hobby after a long day?? Can anyone suggest a good St. Louis patchwork shop with beginning quilting classes, in case she is interested?
Col's Quilt

Aine has her first two loose teeth and so last weekend we made a Tooth Fairy Tin together. She designed the top and I used my Xyron 900 to turn it into a magnet to put on the tin!! We made a little pillow to put the tooth on, so now she is all ready for when the tooth fairy comes avisiting!
February 2009
February 2009
February 2009

I have started on a pair of socks for a trade with Katy. I am making her another pair of cotton hand knit socks and she is doing a cute cross stitch sampler for me!
Katy's sock!

10 comments:

Barbara said...

Now I understand how the pounds keep melting away for you, Cathi! You are obviously in motion 24/7 - creating, crafting, and doing totally cool things! WOW!! How do make the time? How do you come up with the ideas? And your talent - if your Muse ever needs some downtime, send her over here. LOL!!

Mary-Kay C. said...

Great finishes. Doesn't it make you feel good to have something completely done? On the weight loss front. I finally got my butt(big as it is) in gear and managed to shed a few pounds this week. I read about your losses at the beginning of the week and thought I had better get down to business or I might never get started. Keep on inspiring me and keep up the great quilting and sewing.

rachel said...

yayyy cathi!!!

you have been a busy bee!!!

:D

love it all.

Karol-Ann said...

Sorry about the panda/dinosaur thing ;-)

Sarah Nopp said...

That is progress. Baby steps and all that! (I need to watch that movie... who was in it... same guy as Groundhog Day... Bill Murray!)
I have to make 3 baby quilts! And a raffle quilt! Eeeeek!
But I am getting totally distracted by other things, like yarn and loom-ish things :)

Thimbleanna said...

Wow -- you've been busy! And that picture of Aine with her little box is adorable!

Sharon said...

Good job Cathi. But I hope your feelin better. Stop shaking it so hard out there on the salsa floor. You wild thing you.

ruthsplace said...

Love the socks, and am in awe of everything else!

The Chocolate Cat said...

Gosh you have been busier than me! That Panda is so cute and so is Aine's tooth fairy tin. The tooth fairy forgot to visit our house last week, she was not popular!!

Jean said...

Your doing Wonderfully! Hopefully your pinch is just a pinched siotic (sorry can't spell) nerve! And this will pass with a little stretching etc...
Your little heart quilt turned out cute!