Pages

September 18, 2013

Bloom - Layout for Crop Stop




Hello! Cathi here! Today for my post for Crop Stop, I'd love to show you several ways I used my Distress Stains. I built up a lot of  layers on this layout, using several of my Crop Stop supplies!


To start the layout, I used my Picket Fence Distress Stain to make a whitewashed background in the center of my paper. I did several coats to get it the opaqueness I wanted.


While watching a Tim Holtz video, I learned that you can put your stains into misters to get a great spray effect which I did around the edges of my whitewash.


I made a colored piece of paper to layer under my photo using my Tumbled Glass  Shaded Lilac  and Worn Lipstick Distress Stains, but the colors were way too strong for me! After I misted the paper with water to help the blending, I did a whitewash of this paper using the Picket Fence Distress Stain.


I ran the paper through my gorgeous Couture Creations Fresh & Fun Collection Peacock Pleasure (5x7) Embossing Folder and added one more layer of whitewash, highlighting the raised embossed areas.


I layered a piece of pattern paper in the center of my whitewash, then added my embossed and stained paper and photo. I lifted my photo up on Couture Creations Foam Mounting Tape.  I added splats using the Tumbled GlassShaded Lilac, and Worn Lipstick Distress Stains under and around the edges of the central design papers. The splats are so much fun to make, you just hit them against the paper where you want them and the fun splats are formed!! I have also added my Vintaj Clover Petal Filigree and Button Blank pieces and added a piece of twine from my stash. I started my stamping with a frame motif from the Tim Holtz Sketch Stamp Set.


I added some gorgeous Couture Creations Endless Dreams Decorative Die - Magical Butterfly die cuts on my layout adding a bit of Shaded Lilac Distress Stain to them to tie in more with the layouts colors. I also curled and floated the gorgeous Lavender on Lavender Organdy Swirls Ribbon across the layout. I added more flourishes from the Tim Holtz Sketch Stamp Set and some script stamping and a few little Tim Holtz paper clips!


For my final touches on the layout I added a bit more script stamping, the Prima alpha letters from my stash and some Couture Creations Self-Adhesive Pearls on the butterflies for a little extra detail. 



Thank you so much for coming by!


Featured Product
Picket Fence Distress Stain
Shaded Lilac Distress Stain
Worn Lipstick Distress Stain
Tumbled Glass Distress Stain

From My Stash

Twine
Prima Alphabet
Paper Wings Production Script Stamp

Shop in the CropStop Store for your crafting needs. CropStop...the stopping place for scrapbookers, cardmakers and paper crafters has an large inventory of crafting items for your next project.
 Use our blog discount code, BLOG, for 10% off your total purchase over $30.

2 comments:

Adriana B said...

gorgeous background :)

Lucy E. said...

This is so beautiful! Thanks for the great tutorial/pictures.