Pages

September 11, 2013

Something A Little Different - Jewelry Set for Crop Stop



Hello, Cathi here with something a little different from my usual projects!!

I received three Vintaj metal pieces in my Crop Stop box, I used the metal buttons and flower in other projects, but the Vintaj Victorian Silhouette had me stumped.

It was a flat piece of metal. How could I add it to a card, a layout, tag... I just couldn't think of a way to really make it work. Then I looked it up on the internet and I am so glad I did!! It is a jewelry blank. And I saw I could use my embossing folders to make a pattern in it!!! Woo hoo!!


I used my Couture Creations Elegance Collection Poetry 5x7 Embossing Folder to emboss a pattern into my brass blank, choosing a part of the image where there was a gorgeous flower and leaves. I ran it back and forth through my Big Shot a few extra times just to make sure as it was metal after all!! It came out with a gorgeous pattern.

I added color to the jewelry blank using my Pool and Wild Plum Alcohol Inks from my stash, sanding the top to expose the raised area's natural brass a bit and then adding a layer of Crackle Accents to finish it off and seal it. To make my necklace I added jump rings and a chain from my stash and some Prima Velvet Baubles in Black. I then made some matching earrings using more of the Prima baubles and inked all the bright brass on them with the same Pool and Wild Plum inks.

A little different, but a lot of fun, and a new way to use my embossing folders!!


Featured Product
Couture Creations Elegance Collection Poetry Embossing Folder (5x7)
Crackle Accents

From My Stash
Prima Velvet Baubles
Ranger Alcohol Ink Pool and Wild Plum

Shop in the CropStop Store for your crafting needs. CropStop...the stopping place for scrapbookers, card
makers and paper crafters has an large inventory of crafting items for your next project. Use our blog discount code, BLOG, for 10% off your total purchase over $30.

1 comment:

LISA said...

What an awesome idea to make earrings using Prima trinkets!! Sp pretty!!