Pages

October 23, 2013

Autumn Beauty with Couture Creations and Core'dinations



It is Autumn here in Ireland, and since we don't have major changes between our seasons (never gets really hot or really cold here) we don't get those amazing trees full of bright colors! I did spot a few colorful leaves (mostly on the ground!) in a local park and brought my oldest daughter Aine along for a little photo shoot! I featured the gorgeous All Occasions Endless Embossing Folder for my layout, absolutely perfect for an Autumn layout!

For my layout I chose several shades of Autumn colors Core'dinations papers and embossed them.


Using my Couture Creations Sanding Block, I sanded the papers revealing the core, and with extra embossed paper, fussy cut some autumn leaves.


Finally, I also used the Sophia Oscar die to cut some flourishes out of cork! I love the earthy look and texture it has!


To put the layout together I first did some "splatting" with Peeled Paint Distress Stain and Walnut Stain Distress Stain. I added some subtle stamping using my Visible Image Bronte Border script stamp. To build up the layout, I layered the three embossed paper, adhering them to the layout with 18mm Double Sided Tape. To give the photo extra dimension I lifted it up with 12mm Foam Mounting Tape.


I added two Core'dinations tags, then started building up an embellishment cluster using my fussy cut leaves, some twine and the gorgeous cork flourishes!


I added some UmWow chevron and heart confetti which I primed with gesso and inked with Prima chalk ink in Rusty Keys. I added brown stitching around the border. The final touch was the title "Autumn Beauty".


I have used this gorgeous sketch from UmWow Chipboard and their gorgeous Chevron and Heart Confetti on my layout. I would love to enter this in their October Challenge!!



I hope you like my Autumn layout this month, and hope to see you sharing your work on the Couture Creations Facebook page!!!

  
Couture Creations products used





2 comments:

Ruth said...

Beautiful embossing and layering. Lovely layout!

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Such a gorgeous page, Cathi!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

Garden of Grace