Pages

October 15, 2013

Simply Lovely - My First DT Layout for Scrap Africa!!



I am so excited to be sharing my layout for my first challenge on the DT of Scrap Africa!! This weeks challenge is a "RESIST" challenge! I did two different types of resist techniques on this layout!


On my gorgeous Molossi chipboard butterfly I heat embossed my beautiful Visible Image Bronte Border script stamp...I just love that stamp, such a great addition to any layout and it looks gorgeous here on the butterfly. I took my Peacock Feather and Walnut Stain Distress Inks and inked the background of the butterfly and just love how it turned out!


The second resist I tried was molding paste/gesso resist. I used my checkerboard stencil from Prima to add molding paste to the layout, then sprayed Moonshadow spray over it and wiped the paste clean again so it  stood out against the sprayed background...I added this in several places around the layout.

I used my gorgeous October kit from C'est Magnifique to make this layout, mixing the 7 Dots and Tilda papers included and the chalkboard frames and gorgeous flowers... I added some chicken wire chipboard pieces and nests of black thread to the layout as a finishing touch.

I would love to enter this into the Scrap Around the World challenge. I used the colors (pinks and blues!) and doilies (I used a doily mask on the background) and the sketch: 


I would also love to enter this in the checkerboard challenge at Scrapki Wyzwaniowo.

18 comments:

Dolly B said...

Beautiful ! love the colours and congrats
Mary

Dana Tatar said...

Amazing page Cathi! I LOVE the background and the butterfly. Fantastic job with all the resist elements! :)

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Such wonderful, lovely layout!!

Denise van Deventer said...

This is gorgeous Cathi...love everything about your page! So many beautiful details and the resits are super! Gorgeous photo too! ;-)

by belle said...

Gorgeous layers!!

juscrap said...

So beautiful layout! So many beautiful details. thank you for playing with us at SATW!

Riikka Kovasin said...

What a lovely page! Great details like the flowers and the stitching! Thank you for joining us at SATW!

Sandra said...

Cathi this layout is just gorgeous and congrats on the DT.

Ella Swan said...

What a lovely page Cathi! Thanks for joining us at SATW!!

Jessy Christopher said...

What a lovely layout!! Thanks for playing along at SATW!

Agata Pinezkowa said...

amazing layout! thanks for joining us at Scrapki-wyzwaniowo!

Olga Siedlecka said...

Great!

Eila Sandberg said...

Congrats again on your DT gig with SA Cathi!! Just looove that embossed butterfly, looks delish! pretty pretty colours and lovely detail work on your page. Thanks a bunch for sharing it with us at SATW! xx

juscrap said...

Such wonderful, lovely layout! Thanks for joining us at SATW!

Tusia Lech said...

Beautiful layout, Kathi! I love everything on it! Thank you for playing with us at scrapki-wyzwaniowo xxx

Leonie said...

oh love the resist on the Butterfly. Great page! Thanks for joining in at SATW. :)

Yasmin said...

Beautful Layout!! love the details!

Thanks for playing along with us at scrapki-wyzwaniowo!:)

Christin aka Umenorskan said...

Lovely layout. Thanks for playing along at SATW!