Pages

November 26, 2013

Poinsettia Lullaby Gilded Card


Hey! I'm here today with another gilded quick and simple card using a product that I have only recently discovered, but that can make your cards look rich and luxurious: Gilding Flakes! These multi colored flakes of gilding metals give an amazing sheen to anything they are used on. You can use glue and stamps to make stamped images colored in the metals or you can do what I did and use an adhesive sheet to make an entire metallic background.


Here I am holding onto a 5" x 5" square adhesive sheet, piling the gorgeous gilding flakes onto the surface. 


Use your fingers to smooth in the flakes onto the entire sheet and then you can use a stamp scrubber foam to get rid of any excess and buff it to a gorgeous sheen.


Next I took the gorgeous Wrapped In Joy: Poinsettia Lullaby embossing folder and embossed the gorgeous pattern into my gilding flake sheet.


I added a simple sentiment using the center die from the Fleur-de-Frame Nesting Die. I used the die as a stencil as well and inked through it with Walnut Ink Distress Stain and my Sponge Dauber.


I've added some subtle gesso highlights to help the embossed patterns stand out, stamped a sentiment on my label added a golden bow.


Another quick and simple card with an amazing luxurious look!!

Hope you enjoyed this tutorial and that you will share any work you do with these gorgeous dies and folders on our Facebook page!!



Couture Creations products used:



No comments: