Pages

November 1, 2013

She's So Stylish - My First Project for Creative Expressions

I am so very honored to have been chosen for the Creative Expressions 2013/2014 Design Team!  My first project for them is a layout. I love to do layouts and you will probably see at least one each month with our monthly stamp set! I just have a feeling!!


This layout uses items all carried by Creative Expressions, except for the gorgeous vintage image, that is my great aunt Marge...she took that photo for her fiance to carry off to World War II with him, such a beautiful photo, and so perfect to go long with the Belle of the Ball stamp set! Please click HERE to open up a printable instruction sheet in PDF form!


For the base of my layout I chose to use Tim Holtz Kraft Resist Paper Stash. I did a wash with Shabby Shutters Distress Stain and layered my matting and images on top of that wash.


I embossed the gorgeous Couture Creations Fresh and Fun Almanzo Embossing Folder using the back side of another sheet of Kraft Resist! I highlighted the embossed pattern with Picket Fence Distress Stain, tearing the edges for more texture.


I cut out Couture Creations Fantasia Tatted Doily die and stained it with Worn Lipstick Distress Stain for some subtle color.


I placed my die cut and embossed pieces in the center, building up the layers.


I used the beautiful Belle of the Ball stamp set, making a frame from the flourish pieces and corner pieces, then using the "She's So Stylish" sentiment and one of the gorgeous gowns.  I embossed all the pieces with Cosmic Shimmer Detail Black Embossing Powder. I added a bit of Worn Lipstick Distress Stain on the gown and then placed the frame onto the layout.


For my final touches I added gorgeous flowers from the Spellbinders Bitty Blossoms Die and Heartfelt Creations Bella Rose flourish die.


I hope you like my layout. I just love incorporating mediums, stamps, and dies into my layouts and had a lot of fun making this vintage layout!

2 comments:

Dana Tatar said...

Stunning page! I love how you framed the beautiful photo. Thanks for sharing the romantic story behind this layout!

Monica said...

This is DIVINE. Gorgeous to bits. I Love it.