Pages

February 15, 2014

Love! Scrap Africa #26


The last of my Valentines cards this year, which I made for the Chipboard with a Difference challenge at Scrap Africa. For this week you had to use chipboard but not just plain chipboard, it had to be altered somehow!

I used gorgeous chipboard banner pieces from Molossi and used several treatments! I used Broken China Distress Crackle paint which I let dry and then used Walnut Stain Distress Ink to antique the edges and bring out the crackle texture. I then stamped on the chipboard finally adding gesso for an extra layer of interest.

I stitched around the edges of my vintage image and my background paper, added some flowers and used modeling past and a honeycomb mask along with some mist to build up my background.

I really enjoyed doing this card and hope that you will come do the chipboard challenge with us this week!!

3 comments:

Vicki said...

Beautiful Cathi! Love all of the texture and colors.

Denise van Deventer said...

Gorgeous card Cathi! Love the details and love the distressed chippies! Awesome! ;-)

Helen Wallace said...


Love this sweet card Cathi. The banners are gorgeous :)