Pages

February 7, 2014

Mother's Day Frame for Creative Expressions

Download Worksheet HERE


This week I made a photo frame as a gift for my mom for Mother's Day next month (it is different day than in States!). We received some gorgeous Pronty MDF frames to alter in our DT parcels this month and I just had to make a collage of some photos of my girls for this one.  I used the MDF Photo Frame with 4 Holes for this.



I started by inking the frame in Salty Ocean and Mowed Lawn Distress Inks
I love the color combination and it is a favorite of my mom.



After the frame has been inked I took my Sepia Archival Ink and inked up the
Leafy Background stamp which I stamped over the entire frame. I added Enchanted Gold Gilding Wax around the edges of the frame and the four openings to add a bit of luxurious detail.


I added several die cuts to the frame, the butterflies and dragonfly from Fanciful Flight and the Bella Rose Flourish from Heartfelt Creations.


I used my Salty Ocean and Mowed Lawn Distress Inks again to color in the die cut.



I then used the Spellbinders Rose Creations die to cut out three different sized flowers 



I added some inked edges in Salty Ocean Distress Ink to give some extra interest to the flower.


Using the end of a paintbrush I curled the petals.


After inking the edges and curling the petals, I layered the flowers,
adding a Clear Sparkle embellishment in the center.


In the corner behind the cluster I put a little sentiment from the Heartfelt Creations Antiquities paper.
I added the Bella Rose flourishes and the handmade rose, as well as 2 Gold Satin Ribbon Roses.


I placed the dragonfly and butterfly die cuts on the frame,
now I have a lovely gift to give to mum on Mother's Day!

Thanks for looking and don't forget to check out

FUN TIME FRIDAY:

To celebrate the launch of the new Crafting Dies designed by Sue Wilson, we have decided to give one away to one lucky winner! This is a fantastic prize as they are selling like hot cakes 

So, to enter today's competition, we need you to answer the question in the COMMENTS below, LIKE this post and then SHARE with your friends.

QUESTION: Which collection from our new range of crafting dies sounds the most and exciting and why?

The collections again for you are; Finishing Touches, Californian, Spanish, Italian & Striplets!

The competition will close at 5pm GMT and the winner will be announced on Facebook shortly afterwards!

MDF Photo Frame with 4 Holes 22 x 22cmDistress Pad Salty OceanDistress Pad Mowed LawnUmount Leafy Background A6 StampArchival Ink Pad Sepia Heartfelt Antiquity Paper Collection  
Spellbinder Die Fanciful Flight  Heartfelt Belle Rose Die Template Spellbinder Die Rose Creations
Clear Sparkles pk 12  Satin Ribbon Roses Gold pk 8  Creative Expressions Gilding Wax Enchanted Gold

1 comment:

Monica said...

Prettttty Pretttttttyyy...