Pages

March 27, 2014

Making Costumes for Alice: My Final Project for Couture Creations


I have had a wonderful year working with my fellow DT members and the rest of the Couture Creations family. I will be sad to leave, but I know there is an amazing new team starting along with some of the wonderfully talented current team staying on, so I can't wait to see the new inspiration!

My final layout features the Sew Jo 12x12 Paper, the Harmony: Bricks in the Wall embossing folder and the great sewing themed dies Glamour Days Sewing Room and Sewing Kit.  My daughter is very excited about being Alice in her ballet school's upcoming show Alice in Wonderland next month!! She is as we speak in a 3 hour rehearsal and she is loving the extra dancing!! She wasn't loving so much being the dress form for mommy when I was helping make some costumes for the younger dancers! I managed to make 8 very basic playing card costumes to help out...a job my dress form daughter had volunteered me for lol!


I started by cutting out the Sewing Room and Sewing Kit dies in white.


I took two kraft tags and embossed them with the cool Bricks in the Wall folder. I used the Sponge Daubers to edge the tags in Walnut Stain Distress Ink adding a bit to the raised area to antique them a bit.


Next I cut out some flowers with the Sew Jo papers using the Daisy Nesting Dies. I edged these in Black Soot Distress Ink using the Sponge Daubers.


I layered the flowers and curled the edges then finished them off with a button and some twine. I used several layers of ripped edge paper layers to make this layout, adding some stitching details. I used a gorgeous dressform chipboard from Molossi and then I layered them all up, adding the white sewing room themed die cuts into my clusters. The tags hold some journaling behind the layers and also have a bit of twine adorning them.


I finished off the layout by adding my long winded title: "Making Costumes for Alice...in Wonderland!".

I enjoyed making this layout very much and I promise to share projects using Couture's wonderful products in the future on their Facebook page. Make sure you are following there to get all the talented design teams inspirations!!

No comments: