Pages

March 1, 2014

Sugar Creek Hollow # 81 - Sew Fashionable


This week our theme at Sugar Creek Hollow is "Sew Fashionable", sewing themed cards! I am a quilter and sewer since childhood, so I just love this one! I had a great vintage image in my stash, some cool Singer sewing machine charms and of course added stitching to my card!  For a bit of texture and detail I added some burlap to the background and twine around the image from which I hung my charm.

This week we have a guest designer joining us, Zoe Sanderson!! She has a great style and I hope you will check out her blog!!

I had fun putting together this card and I hope you will join in this week and play along!!

4 comments:

Daniele said...

love the added burlap peeking out, such a great card
hugs

Meggymay said...

Fantastic vintage image, I love you design.
Yvonne

Rebecca Deeprose said...

What a fabulous vintage image! and the burlap makes a great backdrop! ((hugs)) Rebecca

Sherry Hickey said...

Beautiful card, Cathi! My dear mother-in-law had an old sewing machine like this up in her attic. Vintage sweetness!