Pages

June 23, 2014

Book Worm: Just for Fun!


Tomorrow is our last day in Ireland for six weeks! We head off to my parent's house Wednesday in Oregon and we are getting very excited. I got as much work done ahead of time for my DT commitments and actually had time to play today!!!


I am entering this layout in a few challenges, the first of which is the Inkido June Challenge! I have used two Inkido papers for this layout: Inkido Spring Time Vintage Lace and Inkido Spring Time Vintage Postcard. I chose a photo of my gorgeous daughter Aisling reading a book and used the Vintage Postcard papers rolled up and tied together to emulate a set of books which I tied together with a bit of twine.  The theme for this month's challenge is:
Aisling is a voracious reader and is constantly either drawing or reading, she just loves it!!


I used tons of my Prima stash for this layout, many many Lindy's mists, and some gorgeous Dusty Attic chipboard. I took some French book pages and added these to the layout as well as some lace from my stash.


Lots of molding paste, masking misting and stamping and a touch of gesso, lots of mixed media touches. I finished off the layout by stitching in green around the border.

I would love to add this to the Dusty Attic June Challenge. I used their gorgeous sketch to make this layout, and used their lantern and fishnet panel chippies as part of the layout.


Time for me to start packing up some of the supplies I plan to bring on my trip to the States, can't go six weeks without crafting (my DTs wouldn't be too happy about that either!!) So happy I got a chance to just play today, that doesn't happen so often these days and I love it when I can!!

9 comments:

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Lovely layout Cathi, I love the rolls of paper and the embellishments. Love the little text embellishment on the bottom corner too. Tracy x

Kathy G. said...

Beautiful! I also love the rolls of paper embellishment. Enjoy your trip.

Maja Stokk / eyovine said...

Cathi this page is stunning! Love it to bits. Hope everything is good with you nad you family. Wishing you a great summer!

Hugs Maja

Patricia said...

Such an amazing page with many gorgeous details and techniques!!!

Paper Profusion said...

Wonderful piece Cathi! Especially love the way you have done the books. Have a terrific time in the USA! Nicola x

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous, so many things to look at here

Heather Jacob said...

wow ... love love love x

Unknown said...

amazing design Cathi, I love those little rolled up scrolls you have on the side and fantastic background as well!

Bente Fagerberg said...

Thisd looks absolutely perfect Cathy! Love every inch of it!
Thank you so much for playing along with Inkidos June challenge!