Pages

January 29, 2015

Dancer: A Layout for Riddersholm Design


My daughter dreams of being a professional ballerina and scarily enough her teacher doesn't discourage it, so we are letting her follow her dreams for now while we can afford it and while she puts in the hard work!!  She wants to go to a summer school with the Paris Opera Ballet and for the audition video we had to include some other photos including this one!! I had to of course do some more ballet themed layouts and the Vintage Venture papers suited this photo perfectly.


Here you can see the beautiful papers I used as well as some of the cutouts from the cutout sheet for Vintage Venture! I added lots of beautiful flowers from Prima and Petaloo.


In my main flower cluster I added some more of the gorgeous cut out pieces from the collection, fussy cutting one of the butterflies to perch on my flowers. I used more of the paper to die cut the gorgeous Prima doily.  I distressed the edges of the papers and added some coffee stain stamping around the layout for a special detail.

I hope you like my layout and I thank you so much for taking the time to stop by!

2 comments:

Lizzyc said...

HI Cathi, your layout is really lovely, I love the doiley and all the flowers.. what an amazing photo and I hope your daughters dreams come true!

Unknown said...

Aine makes a great model with her ballet. I hope it leads to a future for her.

My daughter and I are going to Ireland in about a month. It's a tour, but we have a day free in Dublin. I quilt and wondered if you knew of any quilty things there I might want to see. (I'm starting a blue and green batik Dear Jane. You are the quilter who introduced me to them. Thank you)